Professional Performance Art Class
Objective of syllabus:
- To produce and train new talents in the discipline of acting.
- To expose and assist new talents in discovering a career in the world of acting in television and film.
1. Introduction Performance Art
- Getting started (physical, intellectual and spiritual)
- An overview of what is expected of an actor.
- Acting on stage vs acting on camera.
2. Actor’s consciousness
- Life study and observation.
- Depths of self-knowledge and expression.
- State of an actor.
3. Gravity and the centre
- Grounding exercises.
1. Gesture and communications
- Facial expressions.
- Physical and body movements.
3. Acting with another
- Establishing a relationship.
- Support, a give and take symbiosis.
1. The process
- Motivation vs objective of action/wants vs needs.
3. Understanding the script/screenplay
- Action analysis
- Definition of scenes and beats
- Developing character’s background. (Physical, social, psychological and moral)
2. Character’s body and physique
3. Character’s personality
1. Various emotion
2. Emoting from actions
3. Emoting from thoughts
1. Overview of the TV and film organisation
2. Casting and auditions
3. You and the director